Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My stay in Swaziland

The short course “Together for Development”, organized by “United World Colleges” was all about development and related issues like gender, health, economy, environment, education and power. I especially appreciated the vivid teaching style of the lecturers. 

They conveyed the content with lots of variation and based on workshops, games, group discussions and individual as well as team projects. Therefore it was easy for me to remember all the information and thoughts we talked about. As all participants came from different countries all over the world to discuss the issue of development, our stay in Swaziland was a perfect opportunity to get to know different cultures and exchange and share ideas and experience. 

For the future the short course has induced me to do something for my community and to raise awareness about global development and other relates issues. I personally learnt a lot about tolerance, culture and development. Furthermore I was able to improve my English skills, which is especially important for me.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay in Swaziland and my participation in the UWC. It was a rich social and professional experience and I will try my best to share it with my friends, class mates and teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment