Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Learning from diversity


I’m taking this post personal, so I’ll talk about my very own experience during the most amazing 14 days of my life.
The Short Course meant to me the fruit of months and months of hard work with my family, and the prize for my openmindedness and effort.
What I call ‘Developed Educational System’ is what I found in ‘Together for Development’, besides lots of interesting people there.
Travelling to Swaziland, is not something very usual... and either it is studying there. I tried to enjoy every single second of the experience, and I did as much as I could.
I consider UWC’s Educational System ‘developed’ because the way the facilitators/coordinators exposed the different contents or ‘ruled’ the workshops, made you want to be in every single class. Presence was something optional, but somehow most of participants showed interest in the content and assited to the classes.
In one hand, the learning I got from ‘Together for Development’ is from the different and attractive activities we role-played during these days, and from the notes I wrote meanwhile guest speakers or facilitators/coordinators gave us creatively.
In the other hand, the most interesting content from the Short Course was –for me- the sharing with people from various nacionalities, knowing their way of seeing the world and establishing awesome relationships with them. The fact that without reading any extremely boring Geography/History book, you know a lot about countries that maybe you’ve never heard news of, it’s just awesome. 
To any future participant: Enjoy this course. You'll learn to be a person, and you'll stop being just a human.

2 comments:

  1. Cool guide.Thanks for sharing a very detailed steps,it's so nice blog post..
    http://www.inquitech.com/

    ReplyDelete